What do Counter and Rental Clerks do?
Receive orders, generally in person, for repairs, rentals, and services. May describe available options, compute costs, and accept payment.
- Greet customers and discuss the type, quality and quantity of merchandise sought for rental.
- Compute charges for merchandise or services and receive payments.
- Answer telephones to provide information and receive orders.
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation or description.
- Rent items, arrange for provision of services to customers and accept returns.
- Inspect and adjust rental items to meet needs of customer.
- Explain rental fees, policies and procedures.
- Prepare rental forms, obtaining customer signature and other information, such as required licenses.
- Keep records of transactions, and of the number of customers entering an establishment.
- Reserve items for requested times and keep records of items rented.
- Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and services.
- Receive orders for services, such as rentals, repairs, dry cleaning, and storage.
- Prepare merchandise for display, or for purchase or rental.
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise.
- Receive, examine, and tag articles to be altered, cleaned, stored, or repaired.
- Allocate equipment to participants in sporting events or recreational activities.
Related Jobs (Counter and Rental Clerks)